Here is my journey to find out what makes me unmistakable, what brings me joy... and to release the thoughts in my head.



August 10, 2014

Where we are now






In January 2014, my husband was diagnosed with Early Onset Dementia. The above photo was a family shot, with one addition. (The man on the lower left shares our last name. When he heard "All ------ photo time", he simply joined us.) We had just finished playing/ experiencing a full afternoon of "Darrell's Dugout- GOing to Bat Against Dementia". This was our first annual event to raise funds for the Alzheimer's Association. This event raised over $2000 for the research for this disease.


A month later, we had family visit from Missouri. This was the first time in our 25 years of marriage that we had the chance for a family photo with my husband's brothers. We added the next generation. Notice the red head in the front. That is my girl. (She had already left when the Dugout photo was taken.) Speaking of next generation, the beautiful blonde with glasses in both photos is our daughter-in-law. She will be adding to our numbers in the next few weeks. Our grandson, Earle, will be here!  

No comments: