Here is my journey to find out what makes me unmistakable, what brings me joy... and to release the thoughts in my head.



January 6, 2013

Considering the last post

I have spent time to really reflect on my ways of seeing things in grays.
I realized that I am the kind of person that desired to see the light in the darkness.
This means that I would not have stark blackness, as the tiniest bit of light can overcome the blackest night. However, no matter how hard the darkest, blackest night tries, there is no way for it to put out the light.
Okay, I admit that light can be extinguished, however, I am not being literal. 


In my spirit there is light. I follow it as often as I can, making the Light shine for those around me to see.
Today, we celebrated Epiphany in church by writing out the gifts we wish to extend to Christ this coming year. I wanted to hear the reading of the all of gifts presented, but I was not able to.I was sharing in the delight of small children in childcare. I wonder what others presented. I hope that they are as authentic and from the heart as the one I chose. I know that the gift I offered was simple, but sometimes that is best. 
I wish to be able to help the Lord's Light shine through me in my love for others. 


I guess this is like a resolution, but so different. I do not wish to change anything about myself. I do not seek to lose weight, or exercise more, or eat healthy, or read the Bible, attend church, be patient, get on top of organizing, plan my time better at work, find time for quiet activities, clean the basement, and have some fun. 
Well to be truthful, I WANT to do all those things,
but I am not making any on of them an ultimate goal for the year. 


This gift is to give the best of who I am. as often as possible. Even as a young child, I was someone that sought to make others smile. I have always tried to give of myself, and often have been told I do so too often. However, I learned this week that I must be who I am. And that is someone that will share what they can, with an open willingness that others may not understand. I may be rejected, as I have been so many times in my life, but the rejection is not something that I can take on as a binding to quell the light. I must continue to strive for the bushel basket to be removed .


When I can do this without fear, I will know that I have not only given of my gift, but also I have accepted it.


No comments: