Here is my journey to find out what makes me unmistakable, what brings me joy... and to release the thoughts in my head.



January 4, 2013

seeking perspective

I often find that I see things as shades of gray. I know this with out a shadow of doubt. To me, there is no black and white. Maybe occasionally on paper, but not in my world.

I seek perspective. I forget that others see just in stark black and white. It gets me into trouble.

In my world, there is no little box to place thoughts in here or there. There are hundreds of thousands, millions or billions even, ways to see things. What is one color for you may be another for me.

How do I move beyond this? I used to be so clear. My thoughts get jumbled, and I cannot easily separate them into simple categories. When I try to simplify, I come off as rude or snappy. My thoughts do not come through. But, when I try to give my thought process, I watch as eyes glaze over or people begin other conversations with others around me.

It is such a struggle and I hate it. There is no doubt in that.

No comments: