Here is my journey to find out what makes me unmistakable, what brings me joy... and to release the thoughts in my head.



May 15, 2010

Crushing Weight

Occasionally, I feel this crushing weight on my body. And I do not mean the almost 300 pounds I carry with me everywhere. :)

In my job, I worked with people that are often desperate to have control in their lives. Sometimes, it is a man in need of controlling his family, while others it is just regular survival.

I feel crushed when I know I have helped a family to achieve their goals, and then have them twist what is done into something untruthful. It is painful, and makes me wonder if I did something wrong. I often realize that I need not take this personally, however. I do not do the work for me or for my benefit. I do not need the thanks, because I was a tool being used to better another's life. When I stop and recall God's control of the situation, that weight is lifted. The yoke is light, unless I pile it with my own worries.....

No comments: