Here is my journey to find out what makes me unmistakable, what brings me joy... and to release the thoughts in my head.



April 25, 2010

Life

It always seems to catch up to me.

Just following my last post, literally with in an hour, I drove my husband to the hospital, where he stayed for several days. He was diagnosed with COPD, which is a lung condition that makes it hard for him to breathe. He is much improved, and for that I am thankful.

I am still loving my job. To be able to help others on a daily basis is something that I just thrive on. It is in my spirit to do. My sister, Kathy, preached last Sunday in her church about how God knows who you are, and how it is so important to recognize that in our lives. When God gives us something that we can say "I can do that" we should do it, not think about it. I do my job each day, with out stopping to consider the danger I may face: abusive boyfriends, gangs in the neighborhood, sickness, etc... I just do my job, it is what I was called to do/ be. I do not need to profess to my clients my love of the Lord. They recognize in me something that I cannot express. Thank you, Kathy, for this reminder.

Life, it has ups and downs. But, look up and know that we all live beneath the same sheltering arms of the One who created it all.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You are an inspiration, dear sister. I'm glad you jumped back in the blogging waters. Can't wait to hear (in some venue) how the big trip south went. Love, Kathy