Here is my journey to find out what makes me unmistakable, what brings me joy... and to release the thoughts in my head.



November 8, 2012

Frost




First frost of fall is so intricate, so fragile, so life changing.

It is my image of life at this moment.

Once we have a deep frost, things are never the same.

At first glance, frost is deadening.
Anything green turns brown.
The air turns cold, and ice coats the windshield and walkways.
Life begins to fade away.

There are times when frost touches our hearts.
Children grow and and change.
Family is distant, and longed for.
Husbands suffer illness and pain.
Work becomes tremendously draining.
























However, there is beauty in frost.

The intricate lace tendrils that melt with the touch of a hand.
The pristine awe found in a cup of fresh hot tea made ready by a man that adores you.
The desire to cuddle beneath a quilt or afghan made with love.
The gift of a child's smile when presented with a new handmade hat.

Frost can mean the death of growth or it can be the means in which we are allowed to grow.
Frost in nature signals to the earth it is time to stop and rejuvenate.
Maybe, it is meant to be the same for our busy self centered lives.

This week started with my heart feeling as though there was frost so deep it would kill the spark of life in my heart. Then, I stopped to consider the delicate workings of family, friends, and my need to be open and yet thoughtful. I wish to communicate with simple honesty, but it can be taken as frost that kills.
Instead, I searched my soul and chose to be quiet instead.
 I spoke with God, and heard His voice melt away the ice that was gripping me.
It melted as if met with a warm cup of tea, and a smile from those I love.


No comments: