Here is my journey to find out what makes me unmistakable, what brings me joy... and to release the thoughts in my head.



October 31, 2012

Blossom


There are times when I feel like a squash blossom. 
They are bright and can offer fruit, but they don't last forever. They go limp and die quickly.

I wonder at times if the winter in my heart is done. The winter that has lasted for eight long years.
The joy I used to have in doing things for my loved ones seems to be returning.
I have cleaned spaces left neglected.
I have baked muffins on several occasions.
I folded laundry.
I did so with willingness, and love.

Then, there are days when I wonder if I will shrivel up and melt away.
The tears last Thursday felt like that. They ran hot and pasty down my cheek.
I feel them on the brink even now. 

There is a difference though. 
The tears are hot, like rain that falls after a long dry spell. 
My heart is not shriveled, but nor is it always fruitful. 
Sort of like a squash blossom. 

No comments: