Here is my journey to find out what makes me unmistakable, what brings me joy... and to release the thoughts in my head.



December 15, 2012

Grief

This photo was posted on Facebook in honor of the 
children that were killed in the school massacre yesterday.

How does one grieve the loss of their child?
There is just no way for me to comprehend this possibility. 

The spirit of the child in this photo makes me consider our little ones love for us. Their inner most need for us to see them, feel them, love them. For they cannot live without these things. Their physical being may be fed and clothed, but the spirit within longs for their parents' love and understanding. They not only wish for us to be happy,  but their spirit to thrive, they truly need us to be.

This mother's grief is so evident. She cannot even imagine her child's life being torn away. At least, that is how I imagine her. Hanging her head in sorrow, seeking the love no longer felt. The despair of her world torn to shreds. Our need for our children is as strong as their need for us. With them, we learn to be patient. We strive to show them how wonderful things can be, and the magic of being who we are. We show them the way, and they light our paths.

My heart cries. 
I long to be reach across the barrier of pain 
and be useful in comforting those in need. 

Instead, I will seek joy in reaching for my children.
I can feel the guilt of being able to.
I can feel the reality of thankfulness that I can.

May God provide the light for those affected 
by the tragedy in Newtown, CT. 
May there be glimpses of hope in their lives, and in their loss. 

I cannot share my thoughts well. 
At least to me, they are insignificant in the aftermath.

No comments: